Michael W. Gunsolus
Michael is a partner at Ayotte Dupuis Gunsolus O’Neill Law Offices.
Michael has appeared at all levels of court in Ontario. Michael’s legal practice focuses primarily on civil litigation and criminal law. As part of his practice, Michael has litigated and advised clients on a wide range of matters, including issues that relate to construction law, employment law and estate litigation.
Michael obtained his Doctor of Law (J.D.) from the University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law, in 2014 and graduated magna cum laude. While in law school, Michael finished in the top 1% of his program and was a Dean’s Legal Writing and Research Fellow.
Prior to joining Ayotte Dupuis Gunsolus O’Neill Law Offices, Michael articled at a full service Bay Street law firm in Toronto where he gained experience in complex commercial litigation and corporate law. During his undergraduate studies, Michael worked with some of the leading criminal lawyers in Ottawa.
Michael was born and raised in the west end of Peterborough and is married with two children.
Called to the bar (2015)
- Doctor of Law (J.D.), Faculty of Law, University of Ottawa, Magna Cum Laude
- Option in Dispute Resolution and Professionalism
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons), Criminology and Criminal Justice, Carleton University, Highest Honours
Awards & Recognition
- 2018 Peterborough Examiner Readers’ Choice Favourite Lawyer
- Osgoode Society Prize for Canadian Legal History (awarded to the top ten students in the graduating class)
- Dean’s List
- McCarthy Tetrault LLP Prize (highest annual grade point average in the second year of the Juris Doctor program)
- Edelson Clifford D’Angelo Prize (highest standing in advanced criminal procedure)
Areas of Expertise
- Estate Litigation
- Construction Law
- Criminal Law
- Employment Law and Wrongful Dismissal